Some people feel sick, vomit, or have abdominal (belly) pain after taking too much acetaminophen, but they don't usually have obvious symptoms at first. Continue with A&E even if you feel well. If you experience any of the following symptoms, you should immediately see a doctor: abdominal (stomach) pain, nausea, vomiting (discomfort). Yellow discoloration of the skin or the whites of the eyes (jaundice).
Severe headache, confusion, or drowsiness, with no urination at all for the past eight hours Acetaminophen is a common pain reliever that is usually safe. If you take more than the recommended amount (an overdose), you can damage your liver and sometimes your kidneys. The medical team will evaluate you. Based on the information you provide and the results of the blood tests, they will decide if you need treatment to reduce the chance of liver damage.
Not all patients will need treatment. Acetaminophen is the most common cause of hospitalization for accidental overdose. Acetaminophen is also one of the most common causes of accidental overdose in children. Taking too much acetaminophen can cause yellowing of the eyes and skin (jaundice), loss of coordination, liver damage, and even death.
It's important to seek medical help as soon as possible if you think you or your child has taken too much acetaminophen, as damage can occur even before you notice any symptoms.